Thursday, October 15, 2015

Thriller Thursday



After Halloween is over I think Thriller Thursday will become a once a month or twice a month day on Mystic Monday.

October 24th I will be at the Enchanted Boutique in White Bear Lake signing copies of Mystic Monday. You can bring your copy or I will have some to purchase. I will be there from 10am to 5pm. I will also be doing Angel Card Readings by appointment.

October 31st Rebecca Borowske and I will be hosting a picnic lunch at Swede Hallow Park in St. Paul from 11am to 1pm. Rebecca and I will tell you a little history and see if we can make contact with any of the ghosts that haunt the area. We are asking for a $2.00 donation to help cover the cost of snacks and water.

Club Forest

I’m reaching back a little for this one. Club Forest is a small bar just west of Plover, WI on HWY 54. This was the first official place I ever was invited to investigate. Some of the pictures I am going to share have orbs in them and I know there is a huge debate out there on are they dust, spirits, bugs or whatnot. I am just going to put the pictures out there and let you figure out what you believe for yourself.
The bar was established in 1927. It was a getaway stop for guys in the Mob on the run from Chicago to Northern WI. There is a lot of history at this place. I suggest stopping in if you can and enjoying a drink, some great food, and conversation with the staff. Today enjoy some of the photos and some of the stories that go with them.


This one is hard to see and small. Look to the side of the booth on the burgundy color back just before my jacket. Do you see the small orb? Now I have two pictures before this where you can see it very faint off my shoulder and then in the next photo it gets closer to where it is in this one. At the time of this photo, I was explaining to the group how I do what I do.

Now I should say I was at Club Forest on a cold January night. I think the temps were 10 below zero so when we were outside we didn’t stay out long and were in and out. The parking lot gave us some great photos. The mist is hard to describe and we did try to recreate it because we thought it was our breath from the cold, but it wasn’t. When I took these photos of the parking lot there was nothing I could see with my eyes. It was a normal lot with nothing going on. But when we looked back on my camera this is what the pictures revealed. 



Orb, now it was not snowing and remember, it was below zero.



This one I title “Blues Brother”….If you look just below the mist and just towards the start of the ice patch on the driveway you can see what looks to be a dark jacket, a white shirt and a red or dark tie. There also seems to be a face or something in the mist but again I’m just putting this out there and you can figure it out for yourself. I believe it is one of the mob guys that use to frequent the establishment for drinks and girls.



This was the next photo in line after the mist one from above. This was taken just a second after the top one.

Okay, here are stories. 

We started in the basement. Two mini-mag lights a voice recorder and digital cameras, one that could record with night vision. We did get footage of what we believe was Melvin (resident ghost) interacting with the red flashlight but I do not have access to the video to post it here. It is however on my Facebook page. Melvin is a ghost that haunts the place. Now, I’m not sure if Melvin is his real name but he likes it and he likes the female staff. He will go out of his way to protect them if he feels they are in danger from any customer. So when you are there be respectful of the staff. Melvin was caught on a few voice recordings and he was a pretty funny guy as he put up with a lot of joking around from all of us. From what we could gather Melvin and his girlfriend are still at the place and have been there since the early 1930’s as they were part of the crowd that hung out and worked there. Most of the activity we were able to record was in the basement or out in the parking lot.

I hope you enjoyed the pictures. Next week we are going to talk about some ghost in Wausau, WI. Maybe add a few from St. Paul. After Halloween and the picnic at Swede Park I will post what we collect there. 

To learn more of Club Forest’s history please visit their website.

The webpage for Club Forest is www.clubforestbar.com

Blessings All,
Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment