Monday, August 1, 2016

Lughnasadh/Lammas Blessings



Lughnasadh/Lammas Blessings All!

Today is Lughnasadh!
Tuseday is The new moon.
Friday is the beginning of the Celtic Tree Month of Hazel.

Let's talk Lughnasadh.
Lughnasadh is the first of the three harvest festivals.  This festival honors the Celtic Sun god Lugh.
Lammas is the goddess as the grain or harvest mother.
The second festival being Autumn Equinox fest for fruit harvest.  The third, being Samnhain.
This is a time of year when the sun and the earth start to shift to ready for the winter months.  Celebrate the day with the ritual you chose.

Next week Mystic Monday will not post.  I will be on a retreat.

Hazel Tree
This wood is used for the bonfires of Beltane.  It is a tree representing wisdom.  Hazel Tree stands as a guardian between our world and the otherworld.


Keeping it simple.

A friend and I were talking about Wicca and rituals.  I was talking about wanting to learn more Wicca ways and she questioned this because neither one of us fits good into rituals.  I mean, I am all about keeping things simple.  To me the word "ritual" means I have to do something in a certain way.  To me that's just too much memorizing.  Do you need to follow a tradition in order to have a relationship with your God, Goddess or whomever?  Do you need to set up a special altar with tools that represent deities?  I have no idea; these are questions for you.  I meditate to communicate with whoever it is I need guidance from.  This doesn't mean I don't have a ritual.  I do of sorts.  I light a candle, play music that helps me get to a meditative state, I also do a prayer of intent and a thank you.  I keep it that simple.  Do what you want harm none. 

Communicating with the Dead
This week I had an experience with a friend who I was chatting with on-line.  I remember saying to her that he wouldn't get the sign that she was looking for because her loved one was recently crossed over and that he had to go through his life review on the otherside first.  As I was telling her this and explaining charts and how we plot multiple "deaths" ways out,  a man came to stand by my table and began telling me things that were for her.  As we were chatting she confirmed things and got a sign within the information I had given her.  I learned there is no such thing as a proper time to get a sign or not.  If the person is strong enough to give a sign they will.

This week a bit of tidbits of information and not one real theme this week.  I hope to come back in two weeks with some ghost stories!

Until then.  Have an amazing two weeks.
Blessings All,
Wendy







No comments:

Post a Comment