Monday, August 15, 2016

Gettysburg Night 1 Ghost Tour

Hi All,
I've been to Gettysburg and Antietam in one week and I have a few stories.  Not as many as I thought.  There are many places to book Ghost Tours and go out on an Investigation with a guide and tools on every corner.  We went with one that had high marks on TripAdvisor and did just a walking tour.

This week for dates there is just the full moon on Thursday.  Remember to do your ritual.

I have a few pictures to post and let you come up with what you believe is in the photos.  Let's get started.


We went on the Ghost Tour though Gettysburg.  Our first stop was the Jenny Wade house.  Jenny Wade was the only civilian killed in the war.  She was baking bread in the kitchen of her sister's half of this twin home.  The morning she was killed making bread, the bullet that struck her went through two doors before hitting her in the back.  This house is rumored to be haunted by a little boy.  I walked though the house and didn't feel anything but that doesn't mean much.  This entire town was the battlefield and I had a hard time with the energy in the streets and in and out of buildings. 

Now in this photo behind the light pole is a statue of Jenny.  However I want you to look at the door on the right.  Then look to the left of the door between the door and the window shutter. 
I won't tell you what I see.   I want you to look and make up your mind as to what you see .  If you want email me or leave a comment and I'll let you know what I see.

This bright little orb by the roadside was near the building the town stored damaged personal items from dead soldiers after the battle. 

This is the house they used for storage.  I think at one time this was Mead's headquarters.  I'm not sure though as we had a lot of history thrown at us all week.  If you look in the middle windows on both floors.  The lower one is much more clear.  We were told that the second floor of this house had the most sightings of ghosts walking in and out of view. 


This is the back  yard of the orphanage.  There was a story of a man who was found on the field dead holding a photo of three children.  The photo was put in newspapers and made it's way to NY.  A woman saw the photo and recognized her three children and her husband.  She came to Gettysburg to collect his things and see him buried when she was offered a job as the head of the Orphanage.  Under her care the children were healthy and happy.  People saw them outside playing.  When she married and left one of the teachers took over and the children's health and care declined.  Rumor has it she had a place in the basement where she would chain children to the walls.  She was brought up on charges and eventually she was run out of town.  However, this building is the site of many sightings. 


In this photo there is a bright small orb by the corner of the shed on the green neighbors garage.  This is still the property of the orphanage.  Now if you look at the orb you will see or at least I see a face next to it.  Let me know what you think and leave me a comment.

This orb disappears in the next photo.  However, I feel like it's dust.  I'd say a bug but we really didn't seem to have many bugs in the town of Gettysburg for as late as it was.

Gone

This was just night one of our week out in Gettysburg.  We tour the Jenny Wade house and the Wills House where Pres. Lincoln stayed and finished his Gettysburg Address.  We also did a day of the battlefield which I'll share later.  We also did a day out on the battlefield of Antietam where I had three encounters all in one.  I wish I would have had an EVP.

I'll share all that more next week.
Have an awesome week.
Blessings All,
Wendy

















No comments:

Post a Comment