Monday, July 25, 2016

Be the Change (Perception)

Hi All,
Let's jump right into the topic this week.
I was talking to two friends this weekend and we got onto the subject of Perception.

Let's go straight to good old Merriam-Webster:  Perception:  The way you think about or understand someone or something.  The ability to understand or notice something easily. 
Full Definitions
A result of perceiving: Observation.  A mental image.
Obsolete: Consciousness
Awareness of the elements of environment through physical sensation.
Physical sensation interpreted in the light of experience.
A quick, acute and intuitive cognition: appreciation
A capacity for comprehension


OK so the conversation we had involved the way you see a situation or lesson with the glass being half full or half empty.
When you are going through life's lessons it may be very hard to see the positive until you've gone through what it is you are going through.  It could take years.   My friend said something very powerful about perception as we were talking.  Perception can be very empowering or very destructive. Which is true.
So then I was pondering things while having my morning coffee and thought about a blog that included the Golden Rule, The Witch's Reed and the Reiki Principles and how they would tie into this.




Think about these three pictures and the messages they carry.    Where am I going with this?  Am I going to tell you that you need to be positive 100 percent of the time and to not acknowledge your negative feelings?  No I'm not.
Is a situation always negative if it always feels negative?  If you perceive it to be then yes. But what if you looked at it with the "grass is always greener on the other side of the fence" eyes?
Say your job is just full of negative.  You've been working longer hours, maybe there is a negative person you're dealing with on a daily basis.  But let's look at that and see it for the good.  Are the longer hours you're working temporary?  If so then great, you know there is a way out of that stress.  Is the person that is negative someone you have to deal with for hours a day or do you see the person here and there?  This is an eye opener for me as well because I've fallen into the everyday life of letting the stress get to me and I'm out of balance between my personal and professional life.  I can feel that I'm out of balance in both as it's carrying over into both.  Today is a new day for us all to start thinking about being the change.

Here is where we be the change.  In life we change has to start with ourselves.  The only person you are able to control is you.  Now self-reflection and change is never easy so there is homework.  Find a notebook you can use as a journal.  
Now let's take a situation like the job and spin it to change.
Think about when you first started, how did you feel?  What did you like about where it is you work? List all the Pros of why you like your job.  Next list all the ways your life is going good because of your job.  When that is done make a cons list.  What is it that you do not like?  What needs to change?  
For me in my job I deal with a lot of energy from moods.  I am also a person who can easily take on someone's cheerful mood or someone’s frustrated mood quick.  Now I know what I need to do to change this and I know I have not been good at doing this, so the next 21 days I am going to fall back on my Reiki training and clean my energy and make the change in myself to be more aware of taking on other people's energy.  
What does that change look like?  Well if we look at the Reiki Principles let's do so realistically to apply them to life in general to be the change you need for you.

Today I will not be angry.  It's alright to be angry.  Acknowledge it and then deal with it.  You might have to keep a lid on your anger but you can still deal with it as it comes.  What is making you angry? If it is a coworker can you gently call him or her out on it?  Maybe you just ask the angels or guides for help releasing the anger and take a few clearing, calming, breaths before moving on.  When you have time go to the bathroom and cut your cords from the situation or person causing it. (I need to practice this more) Remember, people are putting energy cords to you when they come into contact with you throughout the day so you need to cut those cords.  When you release the cords your energy will increase and you will feel better. Lighter.  So acknowledge your anger, bless it and move on for the day. I know easier said than done.  Sometimes I just need to vent the anger so I talk to someone I know is a safe person who will not spread my vent as gossip.

Just for today I will not worry.  Again let it go.  Easier said than done but when you put out worry to the universe the universe manifests more worry back to you.  So figure out the worry and what is the cause and then look at it and make a change if you can.  If you can't because say it is a loved one's health, breathe.  Take a minute or two away from that.  Go within yourself and just breathe.  Focus on you for a bit because it is alright to take care of you so you can take care of the loved one who is going through whatever health issue it is.  
Again acknowledge it and move forward.  Moving forward might be something as simple as brainstorming ways to make a change or to get rid of what it is that is causing the worry.  It is alright for you to take yourself or your energy back from someone.  There is an entire blog in itself.

Just for today I will be grateful.   Think of all the things in your life you have and are blessed with. Your life. Your health. Your children.  Your family.  A roof over your head.  Your job.  All the things that you have to live your life.  Then once you've reflected on this look at how amazing you are.  All the blessings you have.  Focus on what is.

Just for today I will do my work honestly.  Do you do your work honestly?  Do you show up on time and ready for work?  What does do your work honestly mean to you?  This one is all you.  Everyone has a different work ethic.  I was raised to always be to work on time and be there every day that I'm not sick.  We earn our paychecks we are not entitled to them.  Do you follow your company's policies?  This would be another thing to look at when you are talking honesty in the work place.
How do you make your co-workers feel?  Do you gossip?

Today I will be kind to every living thing.  Do I even need to explain or apply this?  Don't kick the dog.  In a trying situation maybe reflect after it on did you handle that good or could you have done something different.  I think of heated situations I am in on a day to day bases and I can do it differently if I can let my temporary anger not take control.  Something to work on. 

I threw a lot at you today.  Things to think about.  Reiki Principles or none.  I think the focus is more on how can you take what you believe in to help you make the change.  The Reiki Principles for me were a good example because writing them out gave me the reflection time to apply more positive changes I can make.

August 8th there will be no Mystic Monday and possibly the 15th as well.  But we will see about the 15th I might have some amazing ghost stories to tell.  Check out the Mystic Monday Facebook page for updates and I will try to quick post here too as those dates get closer.

Have an amazing week everyone.  Good luck with your homework.
Blessings All,
Wendy


No comments:

Post a Comment