Thursday, September 17, 2015

Thriller Thurday!



 
Hi All,

Welcome back this week! We are trying something a little different and I’m not sure if Ghosts will be every Thursday or if it will be an every other Thursday topic. We’ll see how it goes.

Okay, so a few people have asked me to write about ghost investigations and what you may or may not need. Now I will say what equipment you choose is totally up to you and it can get as expensive or as cheap as you want to keep it. When I went out with the team from Stevens Point, WI, I had to keep my stuff simple or I went psychic brain dead because I was relying on technology and not my abilities.

I recommend a mini-mag-light flashlight, a camera, (night vision optional) a notebook, a voice recorder and backup batteries for everything. You can invest in an EMF detector and you can get as elaborate as having a spirit box or ovulus (ovilus), a thermometer of some sort. One of the girls on our team had purchased one that showed the body in different colors according to temperature, which was very cool to see when I channeled Reiki how my hands changed from blue to red.

Anyway if you research online you can find a bunch of different tools of the trade but honestly some of my best sessions were done with a flashlight, and EMF detector and a voice recorder. 

Okay story time on how to use this stuff!

Flashlights and voice recorders are the tools I use the most and are the cheapest. When I went to the store to buy my voice recorder the sales guy said, “Nobody uses these unless they’re ghost hunting.”  I smiled and said, “Thanks, I will be, as I need it for the investigation my team is doing this weekend.”  

So using these two, I was doing an investigation at a Central Wisconsin sporting goods store. I arrived well before the team as the owner requested a walk through with me.
On my tour of the building we walked into the basement where on several occasions he had experiences of feeling like someone was there with him. Lights would turn on and off, things moved from where they were left to a different location. We went into a very dark room where they stored skis and ski poles. He had many experiences in that room. We walked in and I turned the flashlight onto the almost on and off position, made sure it was off and set it on the floor. I could feel the presence of the old man who haunted the place and told him to turn the flashlight “on” if he wanted to communicate with the owner. In my mind I heard him say “get out of the room”. I looked at the owner and told him I wasn’t wanted in the room so I was going to step out to the hall, then I said to the room, “okay I’m going to the hall and if you want to communicate with Rob turn the light on as fast as you can since he doesn’t know how time works on your side.” As soon as I turned my back and stepped into the hall the owner said that is the craziest thing I’ve ever seen. When I turned around the light was on as I stood on the other side of the doorway.

Voice Recorder

While using a voice recorder I explain that this little black box can hear their voice and that when you play it back you can hear what it is they are trying to tell you. I usually touch it and say that it can’t hurt in anyway and I sometimes record a “hello” that I say into the recorder and play it back to show the ghost what it does.

While at the Wisconsin Rapids First Ward Schoolhouse with Justin, we used a voice recorder and a flashlight. Now the cool thing about the voice recorder is you play back the recordings on your computer and you can hear whispered answers to your questions. Justin and I were sitting in the middle of the basement floor and I was communicating with a woman spirit there. I explained what the voice recorder was and we used the flashlight as a way for Justin to see her answers. She was very cooperative and had multiple ways of communicating with us. She would give me a picture in my mind’s eye of the answer and turn the light on for “yes” at the same time. When I got home and put the recordings through the software on the computer I could hear her voice saying the things she was showing me. It was amazing!

I also picked up the janitor’s voice and some growling. I am not sure what the growling was about.

We will be doing a Ghost Investigation Class at the Enchanted Boutique in White Bear Lake, MN. Jenny is putting that together and there will be an investigation in Minneapolis when class is done that everyone can attend to try their new skills. I will be helping with this class on October 23, 2015. Please call 651-600-3769 for more information and to enroll. 

Becca and I will be putting on a haunted picnic in St. Paul. We are working out details and dates and I will post as soon as that all comes together.

Have an amazing week.

Blessings All,
Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment