Monday, May 23, 2016

Cats...for the cat lover and non cat person.

Hi All,
Cats!  What?
Ok I wanted to write about the Celtic Tree Calendar but then I had a feeling I should write about my cat experience and some history and background about cats and their association to magic.

A few years ago I adopted a male kitten and then I had my husband and younger boys in the house.  The cat learned to play fight and randomly attacked you as you were walking around the house.  He could be a lover but only when he wanted a warm body to cuddle with.

When I was beginning to practiced Reiki my Master told me a cat would help balance the energy in my house and also help me with my energy.  So the above cat was the one I had my first cat experience with.  Needless to say he and I didn't get along.

Around Christmas this last year I started being bugged by cat visions and dreams.  I felt like I needed a cat.  Now you should know I am not a cat person.  I love animals but I didn't think after my first cat experience I would ever want another car.  Well I was looking online at shelters and saw a cat that was similar to the ones in my visions.  I wasn't convinced I had to have her.  We ended up with a puppy and that ended tragically when we found the puppy had parvo before we adopted.  A month later I was checking the shelter page and my black cat was still there.  I ended up adopting her.  She's been in my home and it has not been easy the last two weeks.  However, she is really coming out of her shell and I think she may finally like it here.

What a cat has done for me and my house so far?  Well I will not lie, my cat does not like my old dog.  I was hopeful they would get along and the cat would be a good companion for my old pup but maybe with some more time.  I didn't want my dog to feel alone when she can no longer get out of the house.  So other than the negative of not being friends with the dog the energy has changed a bit.

I feel like the house is more balanced.  More lived it.  More happy.  She has added love, and is a little comedian.  Again I am not a cat person or considered myself one, but this little cat is changing my view.  I did start Reiki with her and she sucked it right up so I am thinking she will turn into a great partner with Reiki treatments.  I am also looking into animal communication with her and seeing once she's comfortable here if that will open up.

So this kinda turned into a blog about why I got a cat.  Maybe it will open some eyes and maybe people will be like hell no.



Let's talk a little bit of interesting things.
Did you know The Goddess Freyja drove a chariot pulled by a pair of black cats?
If a cat had it's back to the fire it ment cold weather was coming.
If you find a black cat on your porch visiting it's not bad luck, its a sign of fortune to come.
Cats are very intuitive and can help with your magical practices.
Not only is a cat's pur a sign of happiness, but if a cat is laying on you and purring it is sending healing to that area of your body.



Here is a link of cats and witches http://www.angelfire.com/wa3/ladyaurora/cats_and_witchcraft.htm
Here is another link I found about cats or pets helping your health.  http://www.spiritscienceandmetaphysics.com/science-proves-cats-are-holistic-healers/


I'll keep you posted as to my experiences with my cat and out Reiki practices.
My friend tells me to post they can be assholes.  lol.  Yeah a cat will rearrange your house.  Put up or in a cabinet all your favorite knicknacks that's for sure.

But seriously if you are practicing Reiki or energy work or the old ways, look into a cat if you do not have one.  They do help.
And black cats are amazing.

Next week I am looking into explaining the Celtic Tree Calendar but who knows that could change.
In June I have a ghost investigation planned so that will be coming up at the end of June and on Thriller Thursday that I think I will be bringing back once a month or so.

Have an amazing week all.
Blessings,
Wendy


No comments:

Post a Comment